Clockenflap is back! The biggest musical event of the season is happening later this month, from 17-19 of November at Central Harbourfront. It’s the festival’s 10th anniversary, so we’re expecting the biggest and best yet. We’re so excited, we’re even giving away two pairs of standard, weekend tickets- all you have to do is enter here.
What to Hear
Massive Attack, The Prodigy, Kaiser Chiefs, Feist, Stormzy, Kid Ink, Mø, and The Dandy Warhols are just a few of the artists coming into town for the three-day music extravaganza. You can check out the whole lineup online here. It’s easy to get sucked into the allure of the mainstage, but tear yourself away to check out some of local acts like Crystal Kiri, Miko Van Chong, DJ Tsoi, Crimes Against Pop and the excellently named Shumking Mansion. With around 100 acts performing across five stages and three days, there’s something for everyone.
What to See
Music is certainly the core of Clockenflap, but there’s so much more to do and see. There are weird, wonderful, immersive experiences around every corner. You can pray at the altar of technology at #Holy Tech, an interactive temple that honours the ‘Gods’ of technology. Take a picture on the throne of technological-wonders—for the #insta, of course— and decipher the electro-glyphs within. If you’re not exactly an eco-warrior, maybe the Cave of Denial is for you. Enter the cave to confess your deepest trash-producing indulgences (are you a plastic bottle fiend? Maybe you’re addicted to single-use straws?) and receive the mark of the Rubbish Gods. When you need a break, you can even chill out in a number of specially designed structures, like the Wavey Weavey, a cave-like installation created by architectural students from CUHK, that explores the theme of myth through parametric design.
What to Do
So, you’ve reminisced over Feist, rocked out with the Kaiser Chiefs and payed your respects to the gods of trash and tech – what’s next? You can get your hair and makeup touched up by professional makeup artists at the Facess BeYouty Station, or go one step further and get your body marbled – courtesy of Japan’s Dirty Workers Studio. Grab some Handmade goodies at the Craft Market, and get your fill at the Food Bazaar. There are over 20 different tents, serving up everything from XTC Gelato to burgers by Beef & Liberty.
Sound good? That’s because it is! Don’t miss out on the best weekend of the year, enter our giveaway, and 2 lucky winners will have the chance to win a pair of standard weekend tickets each.
Terms & Conditions
1. Submission period runs from Now till 13-Nov (12 pm).
2. Each person can only submit application once.
3. Submissions will be judged based on creativity and relevancy.
4. Winners will be informed on Nov 14.
5. Each winner will be entitled to 1 pair of 3-Day Weekend General Admission tickets (valued HK$3,440 for each pair), each pair of ticket compliments admission for 2. There will be 2 winners in total.
6. All participants will automatically become members of LanKwaiFong.com.
7. Lan Kwai Fong Group reserves the right to change, suspend or terminate the competition, or amend the competition Terms and Conditions at its sole discretion and without prior notice.